Weekend Worship Services
Sat. September 28th @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00pm on Sunday, repeating until June 20, 2020
An event every week that begins at 5:00pm on Saturday, repeating until June 21, 2020
We hope to see you this weekend!
Saturday: 5pm Worship
- 9am Equip Study Hour for adults, teens, and kids
- 10am Connect with coffee and conversation
- 10:30am Worship
*nursery care provided during all services
Fall Preaching Schedule:
- September 14/15: Bishop Linda Adams will preach on The Lord’s Prayer with the message “The Prayer for All Seasons,” from Matthew 6:5-15. Bishop Adams is no stranger to Pearce Church. She has preached here numerous times over the past 21 years, first while serving as lead pastor of New Hope Free Methodist Church in Rochester and, for the last 11 years, while serving as Director of International Child Care Ministries. She is an ordained elder in the Genesis Conference. In July, she was elected as one of three new bishops in the Free Methodist Church USA. Her term officially begins October 1, and she is delighted to inform us that Genesis Conference is in her assigned territory, so she’ll be back here often. Linda is married to John Adams; they are parents of two grown children, Nate and Carrie.
- September 21/22: Dr. Doug Cullum will preach in our weekend services. Doug is lead pastor at Community of the Savior in Rochester. Doug’s ministry seeks to blend the practical and academic, with a focus on renewing the local church through a fresh recovery of biblical and historic faith. Ordained in the Free Methodist Church USA, Doug has been active in parish ministry since 1978 when he served a student appointment during seminary. After serving appointments in Tampa, FL, Chapel Hill, NC, and Greenville, NY, Doug became chaplain at Roberts Wesleyan College in 1994. Then, in 1998, Doug became one of the founding faculty members of Northeastern Seminary, where he now serves as vice president and dean. Doug and his wife, Joyce, have four children, five grandchildren, and a lovable golden retriever named Bojangles.
- September 28/29: We’re celebrating Homecoming with our neighbor, Roberts Wesleyan College! Morgan Mitchell (RWC Class of 2015) will be our guest speaker in worship service that weekend. Morgan Mitchell lives in San Diego, California with his wife, Emma, and pastors the High School Ministry at Journey Community Church. Morgan is originally from Rochester NY, was called to California in 2016 (being born and raised in the church), and has found his calling to teach people in the way of Jesus. Morgan graduated from Roberts Wesley College in 2015 and is pursuing his Masters of Divinity from Azusa Pacific Seminary. At the age of 19, he started a Spoken Word Ministry and through that has used poetry to creatively minister to thousands of people. In his free time, he likes running, reading, and enjoying date days with his wife Emma. You can find a list of other Homecoming events at roberts.edu/alumni/homecoming.