To our awesome Pearce church family,
Last year did not turn out as we had planned and hoped. I again apologize. We asked for feedback. You responded. We listened carefully. Based on the invaluable feedback you provided, and with prayerful consideration, we are excited to announce the following Sunday morning schedule starting Sunday, September 8.
- 9-10am: Small Groups and Classes for all ages
- 10-10:30am: Connect time with friends
- 10:30-11:30am: Worship with two concurrent services
- Traditional in the sanctuary
- Contemporary in Parmerter Chapel
Now to make that happen, the Traditional Service will begin with worship in music and end with the message, while the Contemporary Service will begin with the message and end with worship in music.
Here are the exciting advantages we see:
- It may help to foster a greater spirit of unity as we are all in the building as one church at the same time on Sunday mornings.
- It helps us to create the strongest possible experience for the whole family every Sunday morning.
- It restores a full Sunday School and small group hour for all ages every Sunday morning.
- We have a thirty-minute window to make new friends and invest in our relationships with one another every week.
- This will allow us, from time to time throughout the year, to join in on one combined services without having to change hours.
- This will also allow us, from time to time throughout the year, to have an old-fashioned potluck meal for the whole Pearce family after worship.
No plan is perfect. But our God of unfailing love promises to fill us with His perfect love. I am excited; our staff is excited. Please let me or your lead staff know if you have any questions. Our Board would be happy to respond as well.
You’re invited to join us. Ask God if there is a family member, friend, or neighbor He would have you invite to come with you. Let’s also ask God if there are Pearce family members that we might invite to “come home” and join us once again.
I love you all. It is a joy to serve as your pastor.